Sunday 25 December 2011

DIY Skirt & Bowtie makes a very Merry Christmas


Red velvet – an essential item to get you into the Christmas spirit.
Velvet – a very annoying, easily frayed fabric, providing much fun for the family and visiting relatives as you stress about hand sewing the hem all “shrumpy” and lament that you don’t have a sewing machine.
A sewing machine – a lovely surprise present which is given to you by your parents a day before christmas because they can’t let you suffer with hand sewing any longer.
Annika – a very happy girl.
A finished DIY velvet skirt – a half hand-sewn, half machine-sewn little velvety bundle of happy and christmas spirit!

Also, the story with the balloon - my uncle is a professional magician (seriously, probably one of the coolest jobs you could have + make money from) and whenever we have a family gathering, he is forced into doing a magic show for us all. Hence making balloon animals, and balloons that look like love hearts. So I thought it would be nice to incorporate it into my Christmassy outfit.



I even went so far as to paint my nails in Christmas colours! Haha. Vote for me on lookbook :)




I really hope that everyone has a lovely Christmas time!

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments as always!

xxx Annika

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute outfit! I've been meaning to make a similar skirt in velvet! It looks lovely :)

    Kirsti xx
    www.silentsweethearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice pictures! I love them! and ur blog is amazing!

    http://www.nuagerose.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails