Sunday 2 February 2014

DIY Heart Cutout Valentines Dress

Hooray! Another DIY video! I've spent a sizeable portion of the weekend working on this video (alongside going bike riding, cleaning the house, cuddling the neighbour's cat and visiting Glebe markets - it's been a pretty nice two days!) but when it finally came to uploading the thing, and then waiting 3 hours for the upload to happen, I realised that I'd stuffed up the ending! So, this video comes to you after many tears & angry text messages of frustration (well, no one was around for me to complain to, so I resorted to text messaging people about how annoyed I was. They totally cared.) Anyway... I hope you all enjoy it!

In this video, I teach you all how to draft a pattern for & sew your own heart cutout dress bodice! After you've made the top part, the connection of the bodice to the dress is just the same as in my DIY circle skirt dress tutorial. Anyway, all will be explained in the video. Have a watch, and let me know what you think!
Please tweet me a picture or tag me on instagram if you give this a go! Oh, and have a look at _robynesque_'s dress made using my DIY circle skirt dress tutorial - using thrifted dinosaur bedsheets, no less, which is basically the best thing ever.

I hope that you're all doing well,







Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

13 comments:

  1. So pretty!! I love the plaid you used for this heart dress - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your video tutorials! I want to make everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Great tutorial! I'm going to get some fabric soon and I am making a dress... or atleast a skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute...just found your blog and gah I'm in love!!

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tutorial. The dress looks awesome and I can't wait too watch all of your videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable detail. I want to do all of your tutorials! I keep pinning them so I can try a few this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented and the video is very well made, loved watching it <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent tutorial!! You're so inspirational.
    And now, I very much feel the need to make my own heart cut out. ♡♡
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable dress! excellent tutorial, it's so impressive how you can create these amazing outfits :D


    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god.. the plaid dress, and the heart cutout... I NEED TO BUY THIS T.T It's horribly difficult to find nice looking (and feeling) plaid cloth here D:

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a DIY lover (I have my own section on my blog) I totally loooove your blog an tutorials. There are really great ideas here!! Congrats :)

    www.emerjadesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for this tutorial this dress is too cute :3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails