Tuesday 11 February 2014

Mermaids & Meetings

Dress is from Molly | shoes are from Juju shoes | necklace from a market stall

After announcing that I was selling my wardrobe the other day, I got a message asking if I'd like to meet up and do a swap with some of my clothes, instead. Well, even though the idea of the sale was to make space in my wardrobe, I'm never going to say no to cute new clothes ;) Up until recently I never would have said yes to such a request (hello, insane social anxiety!) but for the past year or so I've been forcing myself to step outside my comfort zone and do things that terrify me, like meeting up with a strangers (and, besides, it's turned out awesome before). Anyway, it turned out that this girl, Molly, is actually a really cool person (and not a stalker/murder which I admit I was 5% worried about), and I now have a new sewing friend and clothes-swap buddy in Sydney! I'm so thankful for this whole blogging thing for existing, and for letting me meet up with awesome, like-minded people, both online and offline! I love you all, whether or not you creep on here silently, or send me emails and leave me messages :)

Anyway, this dress from Molly fits me so perfectly, and made me feel like a mermaid with my newly-dyed curly red hair (which is finally growing!). Because it's been ridiculously hot and muggy, I simply wore it with a necklace and some clear jelly shoes.

That's it from me right now, because I'm making a pancake dress with this fabric and using this design, and I really want to get back to it! I hope that you're all having a really lovely day.







Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

6 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this dress is stunning on you! and your hair looks amazing.
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, loooooong term lurker here. your hair is SO cute, ack! i'm so inspired by it i'm printing out a photo and taking it to the hairstylist when i go in sometime soon. i love everything you wear and this dress is adorable. :')

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my wardrobe now comes from swapping from the past 5 years or so. It's a great way to recycle and get new stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great that you've made a new friend. I have horrible social anxiety like you, but I'm actually going to a bloggers' clothes swap in a couple of weeks. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for meeting cool people through your blog! That's so awesome. I love the dress you ended up getting too. This color is gorgeous and the print is great too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails